Sunday, September 30, 2007

Why can't I get to video.digg.com?

Here's a small task that Digg staff can do to make it easier to visit their site... Add topic subdomains.

How may times have received a DNS failure when going to digg because video.digg.com doesn't work? For me, all the time. I can go to video.google.com without issue, but dig I have to type www.digg.com/videos. And DON'T go singular, you'll lose.

I wish Digg would add video.digg.com and videos.digg.com that simply forwarded to the video secion. Hell, I would love baseball.digg.com to forward you right to the section. I propose that they use setup subdomains for each section to mke it easier to get to and link to. How would you live to post a story and the link is to http://apple.digg.com/iPod_touch? Or how about all the stories from Apples by just going to http://apple.digg.com/.

For example, we could just goto:

  • news.digg.com - right to news technology.digg.com - right to tech video.digg.com - my want, right to video
  • apple.digg.com - (fanboys do apply)
  • baseball.digg.com - right into the baseball section (GO CUBS!) and on, and on... It's a convenience factor. This is much easier to redirect to the section than adding the much wanted pic section.
  • Pics.google.com - coming soon?

anyways, I rarely rant on Digg. it's a good site. I just want this...

No comments: